Tuesday 7 July 2015

Dublin woman seeks the father of her son 11 years after one night stand

Copper Face Jacks

An Irish woman who fell pregnant after meeting a man in Copper Face Jacks more than twelve years ago is seeking the help of the nation to reconnect with the father of her eleven-year-old son.
The woman wrote an anonymous letter which was read out on this 2fm’s Tubridy Show this morning, in which she shared details of her passionate night born from a match made in the Dublin night club. - 
I was in Dublin on Friday August 2, 2003 when Laois was playing Armagh on the Saturday,” the letter read.

“Myself and my friends went out on the Friday night and I met someone in Coppers.
“We got separated from our friends and went to what I think was the Bewley’s Hotel in Ballsbridge,” the woman wrote.
The woman, who now has a “brilliant” eleven-year-old son, revealed that she never spoke to the man after their night spent in the hotel, but believes he was from Armagh, is called Sean and once wore an earring.
“I left the next morning for the match. I didn’t think anything of it. Yes, we had a one night stand and as a result I have a wonderful son,” she wrote.
“We weren’t too drunk but this happened twelve years ago so I don’t have a great memory of everything.
“I think this guy’s name was Sean and he was from Armagh and he may have had an earring.
“I want nothing from him, he has his own life but I just wanted to let him know. We all do stupid things but I have no regrets,” she wrote.
The woman now has a partner but after wondering about her son’s dad for years she decided to seek the help of popular radio presenter Ryan Tubridy.
“My son is 11 and he has brilliant stepdad now and everything is great. That night woke me up in life and made me grow up. "Everyone does these kinds of things when they are young and this has been on my mind for years wondering what I could do to find this person without a second name. I thought I would give your show a try.”
Although Tubridy suggested the campaign might be a fruitless search, he asked any listeners with leads on the father’s whereabouts to get in touch on tubs@rte.ie.

Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment