Thursday 2 July 2015

Lagos Big Girl, Omolara Sonoiki Dies… Photos

Omolara Edith Sonoiki who owns the popular Dress Sense Clothings with branches at Alade Market, Opebi, Lekki and Ikoyi is late. Omolara, a philanthropist was also the founder of Noik Energy Limited. Omolara passed on, on the 16th of June, 2015 in Atlanta, Gerogia United States after a brief illness leaving three beautiful kids (a girl and two boys) and her husband behind. A wake-keep ceremony was held for her yesterday at the Grandeur Hall and it was tears galore as different songs were rendered in her memory. We can’t bring you what everybody said, but below are some of what her close associates said about her. Even the company she gets her clothes from in Turkey were represented at the wake keep. Lara was 40. 


Godfrey from Turkey had this to say, “We represent the company where she gets her clothes, and I have known her for over seven years. I received a call from some of our staff in Turkey and they were all crying when they heard the news of her death. The person that used to take her around Turkey told me that the last time she came around, she gave him some money and told her to use it to take care of all the staff, and himself as well. Everybody in the office was always happy whenever she was in Turkey because they always went home smiling.”

Another associate, Vivian Okosisi said,”I have a shop opposite her father-in-law’s house. She was not a member of our church, but she was always bringing suitcases of unused suits for our welfare programmes. People were always wondering the kind of person she was. She was good, both inside and outside. The testimonies people have been sharing about her are powerful.”

A friend, Kehinde Hassan said, “Nobody introduced her to me. I just walked into Alade Market and met her. I was looking for a suit and I had gone to different shops checking for the right one. Meanwhile, people had told me that Alade Market was very expensive so I was wary of the kind of shop to go into. When I met her, she was very kind and respectful to me. I had money for just a suit, but I eventually saw two that I liked. She told me to take it that I wasn’t a stranger. She was very loving and kind. She was a good person. Infact any adjective you want to use for a good person; that, she was.”

Olufunto Ipaye of Mutual Benefits Assurance also shared these words, “We handle her insurance. I met her three years ago through a friend of mine, Linda who also died three months ago. While we were mourning Linda, she kept telling me not to cry. She even volounteered the cloth that we buried Linda in and she didn’t collect a dime. She said she sold clothes to Linda in her lifetime, and also clothed her in death.”

Another friend, Folake Kupoluyi, CEO of Radek Enterprises said, “What can I say? She was my friend, sister and confidant. There was nothing she didn’t share with me. She was ever so helpful and truthful. She never left anyone in their times of need. She was such a fantastic human being.”

Another close friend stated, “She was a wondeful person. I have seen a lot of people, but she was different. She was a good human being. She was humble, and you could never annoy her. She didn’t step on anybody’s toes, and she was very generous. I know she’s with the Lord now, and I pray that the Lord will comfort and keep her family.”

A friend of the deceased and her husband also said, “I knew Lara for over ten years. I’m an Interior Designer, and she used to come to my office. I noticed that she was so sophisticated and pleasant. There was a time I did something to her husband and he was very upset, and when I heard that she had gone to be with the Lord, I just heard her voice calling her husband’s name. I know her husband will miss her greatly especially at times when he needs someone to be with him. I pray God will give him the grace and fortitude to bear the loss. I pray for all her family members. God bless Lara wherever she is.”

Of course, church members also had nice things to say about her. A member of her band said,”Lara wasn’t just a member of our church. She was a vessel of honour; beautiful in chracter and appearance. As a mamber of Dorcas Band, I always wondered how she managed all the elderly people in the band becasue she never got angry. She was a replica of the Dorcas in the Bible.”







Photos from E247.

No comments:

Post a Comment