Sunday 12 July 2015

Steven Gerrard on LA life: It's been mad - I've already run into Kimye and Floyd Mayweather

Steven was spotted with his wife Alex Gerrard

As he waved goodbye to the cold weather of Liverpool, he probably didn’t have any idea what Tinseltown actually had in store for him and his family

When Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard left ­Merseyside for the sunshine of Los Angeles, he knew life would change.

But as he waved goodbye to the cold weather and the city he loves, he probably didn’t have any idea what Tinseltown actually had in store for him and his family.
Until, that is, he walked into A list restaurant Nobu at Malibu beach, where he andwife Alex were left well and truly starstruck.
“I will tell you something, we have seen a few people,” said Steven coyly when asked if he had come face to face with Hollywood’s great and good.
“Alex and I went into a restaurant the other day and we saw Kim Kardashian andKanye West , it was so strange but amazing. So different. They were just sat there eating.
“Then, the other day I saw Floyd Mayweather just walking down the street, it was mad, really strange to see.
“I didn’t realise how small he is. We’ve seen some celebrities around and about since being here.”
Steven, who has signed for LA Galaxy, has moved his family into a six-bedroom mansion in Beverly Hills – a stone’s throw from the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry, Jane Fonda and the Playboy Mansion.
He’s also not far from the LA home of ex-England teammate David Beckham.
Becks, of course, also played for LA Galaxy and helped him decide to move to Major League Soccer.
“I leaned on David when I made this decision,” said Steven. “ He is a hero of mine so I spoke to him about coming out here .
"I’m so glad I did, although at the moment it feels like being the new boy in class.
“But I am so happy to be here, everything just fell into place nicely for me, but I didn’t come for the pay cheque, anyone who thinks that is wrong.
“I hope that I can contribute to the MLS and help the younger players. I want to have a different experience here for a couple of years, this was a family decision and I love it here.”
But Steven, 35, has made no secret of his even greater love for Liverpool FC.
He signed for the club aged 13 and is a lifelong fan. When he left he had options to join Premier League rivals or top European teams but didn’t want to play against his beloved Reds.
Now Steven, reportedly on £76,000 a week, is focused on his new challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment